Tuesday, May 20, 2008

"Normal"



We are finally getting back to "normal" life. Blake and I were playing a video game the other day, and Carolyn took turns sitting in our laps. She tries to get the buttons and nobs on the controls. It just felt like a normal ordinary day. I am starting to have the thought "We are going to make it". Blake was quite convinced that she wouldn't disrupt our lives too badly...I was quite convinced she would. I have to say, I was right to begin with. I am seeing, though, that life really isn't that different with her in the picture.
The first three months were defenitly hectic, filled with sleepless nights and sparkled with a few more stressed induced arguments than normal. I've never been the greatest housekeeper in the world, but for the last year, it's really REALLY been bad. Blake has done everything, with no complaint. I have set myself a goal to get back into it by his birthday (June 10). I will have the house straightened back up and cleaned by then. Blake is just so wonderful but I sometimes think "I think he thinks he helps out more with the baby than he really does". He thinks "I think she thinks she helps out with the housework more than she really does". I forget that things go both ways. Yes, motherhood is a HUGE responsibility, however, taking care of Blake and the housework is just as important. Blake has to go to work everyday. It isn't fair, that on his days off, he has to do dishes and sweep...and do laundry. I am so so soooooo going to be that mom that can get everything done. That is my goal.
Our next big obstacle is the trip home to the states next month. If Cara's passport gets here on time, we will be flying into South Carolina, driving to Georgia, flying to Sacramento, flying back to Georgia, driving down to Florida, driving back up to Georgia, driving back to South Carolina and flying back to Germany. Blake and I have already discovered we don't travel together the greatest. We both have our different ways of flying. I will be flying by myself with the baby from Germany to the states and back, but for the rest of it, we will be together. I am worried about stress arguments. I am really working on my attitude with this. This isn't something that I need to be in control of. Blake knows how to do everything. We will make it to California and back with everything we need.
I am pretty excited to see everyone. I spend a week with my Mom, Jess and the girls and Bud and Amy and thier little ones. We then fly out to California to go to Blake's mothers wedding, we will also get to see the Dave and Ness family and everyone else out there. We then fly back to go to Florida to see his Dad and Marcia. We will be spending our 6th anniversary in Florida as well. I am pretty psyched about that. I am really hoping everything goes well. All these travel plans are completly dependant on whether or not Cara's passport gets here on time. If it doesn't, we don't go. Everyone will be pretty bummed if that happens.
Blake goes to France next week for a week. It will be my first week alone with the baby. I am hoping to get a lot of the housework done. I just think he will be so pleased to come home to a completly organized and cleaned house.
Okay, so I've gone on a complete ramble here and I'll bring it to a close. I basically wanted to say how happy I am with my family. I didn't think life would ever be normal again, but it finally is. I love Cara. She brightens up my day, every day. She is learning so many new things and is growing massivly! I can't wait for you all to meet her! Okay, I'll be done writing now~

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hey, Beck! Just wanted to let you know that I think you're great. I think that every mother goes back and forth between that balance of taking care of the kids and keeping the house clean. No one has it perfected, except for those of us that have cleaning ladies. Lol! Some ladies were blogging about their fabulous cleaning ladies and I just had to chuckle to myself. Wouldn't that be nice? But since we don't have cleaning ladies, all we can do is the best that we can! I know that you are!!! Love you! Praying for Cara's passport to arrive!

♥Loo♥Loo♥ said...

awwwww! it is the first picture of cara bear and her daddy that i have seen! so cute!