Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I'm not a killer!

My ficus when I first got it.

My ficus now!

I am so pleased that I did not kill my plant. Granted, I think it does quite well on it's own..there have been a couple of weeks where I forgot to water it...oops :) I re-potted it yesterday and I think it turned out very pretty. I am so happy it's still alive. I had to go through and trim it a little bit and cut off all the half chewed on leaves. Yes, I said half chewed on. My cat thinks I put it there just for him. Thankfully it hasn't killed him...yet. I am going to be sad when we leave Germany. I don't think I will be able to take it with me. I think I may give it to my landlord. The germans are BIG into plants and whatnot. I do wish I could bring it with me, though. This is my longest lasting plant yet. It's strange how one can grow attached to a plant.

3 comments:

Amy S. Trosen said...

You moved it to your living room window? It does look nice. You must have a green thumb, or at leaast a green cuticle!

Amy said...

It is a beautiful plant! My plants never seem to make it, either! Your ficus looks great though!

Amy said...

It is a beautiful plant! My plants never seem to make it, either! Your ficus looks great though!