Thursday, May 1, 2008

Having interesting days...

So, we've had an "interesting" couple of days. Carolyn has discovered she can make a new noise. It's a kind of scream/ahhh noise. She isn't crying and she's not sad, just vocal. She loves to make her new sound whenever she's not being cuddled by me. This made for a very long and noisy day. She has also started this cry/grunt thing when she goes down for her naps. She likes to nap in spurts right now. Usually about 20-30 minutes at a time. This also makes for a longer day. Yesterday I had to just leave her in her pank-n-play to just grunt/cry/scream/ahhh away. She wants my constant attention, which would be okay if I wanted the house to be a complete disaster zone. Right now, I can keep it at a partial disaster zone. I like to keep it that way! I'm still working up to fully clean (seeing as how that never really happened before...I'm not sure it will ever get done). I love seeing Cara's smiles, though. They make the whole day brighter! She loves to smile and talk to me. I was on the phone with my mother earlier and Cara thought I was talking to her. She absolutly loved it. She was talking and cooing back at me. I loved it that my mom could hear that.


On another note, we got a wonderful gift from my Auntie Betsy today. I absolutly love the blanket! I was just telling Kimberly the other day that I needed a little blankie for Cara. She has started really holding on to her blankets and crying when I take them away. I just love that it came in the mail two days after saying I needed one! I love it!! Thank you Auntie Betsy!

1 comment:

Amy said...

What a cool gift! I remember those twenty-thirty minute nap days all too well! They make it hard to get anything done. Hopefully she'll start sleeping longer for you soon! I know she will! :) Love you!