Sunday, October 5, 2008

My fingers hurt


After months and months (and even more months) of sewing everything by hand, by sewing machine is FINALLY fixed! Let me tell you how difficult and time consuming it is to sew stripes on a uniform straight. Tonight, I had to re-sew the same arm twice. I was fed up. I took everything on the machine apart that I could. I was having a problem with my thread snapping after only one stitch. Nothing was working. It has been so frustrating. Well, I think I've figured out the problem. I think I just had the needle in backwards. This aggravates me even more that it was something that simple. My thumb and finger seriously hurt and are red. But, now everything is fixed. What took me hours to do by hand, I was able to finish in about 20 minutes. Granted, I may have to redo it anyway in the morning seeing as it's 2am right now. I may just see crooked at this time in the morning. I'll just see what Blake has to say. All I know, is that if it does need to be fixed, thankfully, it will only take 20 minutes. Yay!! I'm sure his biggest complaint will be the fact that his dress blues coat is now covered in cat hair. I will have to get the old lint brush out, I guess.

3 comments:

Amy S. Trosen said...

Easier or harder than changing a Humvee tire?

DNV said...

I would hat to have to sew since I don't know how to use a machine very well..I always do a some really good seams and then something always goes wrong with the machine!!

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

Your poor fingers! Those stripes are hard...aren't they? I am glad that you figured it out!
Love you!