Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A New Day

This is the dress Auntie Ness and Uncle Dave got Cara. You can't really tell, but it's super cute! She was NOT in the mood for pictures at this point. She spit up all over it before I could get a good picture of her in it....sorry Ness!
We had a good awake time today. After she slept and ate ( a couple hours from the above picture) she was in just a great mood! She's so adorable!!





This is her "stare at the couch" look. She absolutly LOVES the couch...we aren't quite sure why. It's very strange.
We have been trying out something new starting yesterday. We are starting to take naps in the crib. I say we, but really, I just mean Cara (I don't quite fit in her crib). We desperatly needed a routine, as I was getting completly run down, so yesterday, we started one. I put her down for her morning nap (this is somewhat hard to differentiate between the all the time sleeping) around eleven, and she goes in her crib. The first time yesterday was quite the ordeal, however, she is so much better now! She doesn't even cry now. I lay her down and she snuffles around for a few minutes and then passes out. I am loving the fact that I get a couple of hours to get things done now (eating, bathing, cleaning...).
She is just doing so well now today. Not too fussy and her awake times are about an hour to an hour and a half long. It's really wonderful. I am just loving her to pieces!!!

3 comments:

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

Good for you Becky! Schedules are so important for the baby and your own sanity!! I am glad that you are able to put Cara in her crib and let her cry!

I love the dress that Vanessa gave her!

Thanks for the sweet pictures!

Kayla said...

she is so adorable :) she is so expressive. You and Blake look so happy. But I have to say i really wish I could have seen pictures of your kitchen though.

DNV said...

She looks so beautiful in her little dress!! Do you guys get American Idol?? I know you use to go to your friend's to watch some t.v but I am not sure if you guys are still going over there...Anyway Idol is pretty good this season! We love and miss you...Did you watch that movie we sent yet?