Monday, March 10, 2008

And life gets back to normal!

She fights sleep so well at this early stage.....
Here she is, just five minutes later!

We have had quite the time these last two days. We switched from breastmilk to formula. This has been quite an adjustment on Cara's digestive system. I think it's finally regulating out, though. She went for a nice long nap in her crib this afternoon which was fabulous! she had a very uncomfortable night, being gassy and all, so I was happy when she got some nice uninterupted sleep. I, too, was able to get quite a few things done. I think I'm getting the hang of this whole mommy thing. It's fabulous. Cara and I had our first major outing this past Friday. On base at the community center, they hold a bingo event once a month. You can buy a card for 5 dollars and play the whole night (about two hours) on it. They give away a trip somewhere every month too. It's a pretty fun, yet cheap evening. Kimberly and I have gone every month since we got here. I was happy that we were able to make it this month as well. Cara did fabulous there.
Blake and I are still watching Stargate. We are up to season 7. I have to say, there are quite a few episodes that we have never seen before. This is surprising to us. I thought we'd seen most of them. It's been nice.
Tonight when Blake gets home from work, I am actually going to make dinner. I tell ya, getting life back on track feels so nice! I see why they give 6 weeks maternity leave to people. It takes a good bit of time to get things back in order! It just feels wonderful!

2 comments:

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

I am glad that things are getting better! It is hard taking care of a new baby! You are SO smart to get on a schedule right away! This will help as Cara grows, with EVERYTHING!

I love you! I really like these pictures too!

Vanessa said...

I know how good it feels to get things back on track! I am so happy for you! She will be a month soon!!