Monday, August 25, 2008

Prague

We had such a wonderful time in Prague. It is located in the beautiful Czech Republic. We saw so many beautiful buildings including the palace. We saw the huge astronomical clock and the Hard Rock Cafe. Funny fact, the resturaunt was not yet built, so it was just the store. It was still cool, though. We ended up getting rooms at the Best Western because of overbooking at our hotel. That was pretty nice. We saw the St. Charles bridge during the day and at night. It was fabulous. I am glad we went! It is a nice memory to have.

City view
Entrance to the palace

Our family :)

The cathedral






an alter made of silver..I would hate to have to polish it!



There were some awesome statues

This was our HUGE bed at the hotel. Cara loved it!
the streets are just so pretty
The palace from afar
The St. Charles Bridge
Good King Wenceslas was from Prague.



The astronomical clock


Some interesting scenery on the way home.
Our 5 hour drive home turned into an 8 hour drive home...traffic jams and accidents.
The baby did finally sleep..here's the proof!

All in all it was a great trip. We went with our friends Kimberly and Jason. Cara did fantastic. I was surprised. Our trip home was loooong, but we eventually made it safe and sound. I can't wait to see where our travels will take us next!

4 comments:

DNV said...

Those pictures are beautiful! I am glad you had a nice weekend.

Amy S. Trosen said...

Stunning pictures! I need to find my sketchbook quick.

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

It looks like you had a really nice trip! I really enjoyed seeing your pictures! The sky was so blue in some! I learned a lot too!!!

Amy said...

What an awesome vacation! I love all of the pics, also! The cathedral looks just incredible! Glad that you had a great time! Love you!