Thursday, August 21, 2008

Cold cold morning..and a dead deer

We had a cold morning today. The poor girl was in a little summertime nightie and when I got her up for the day, she was frigid!! I put some jammie bottoms on her and downstairs there was a sweater. She might look funny, but she's warmimg up! As you can see in one of the pictures, she is sooooo super close to crawling. It's so cute. She is also reaching for things on shelves...not as cute, but still progress :).
Okay, for the not as pleasant news. Blake totally hit a deer last night on the way home from work!! He was only going about 30km and he was in the bmw, so it didn't do any damage...to the car. The deer was twitchy and dead, though. He pulled it off to the side of the road and called the Poletzi when he got home. They came buy and removed the deer (I guess). Poor Blake didn't get to bed until almost 5am. I am so super thankful you can't really go fast on the road in/out of our town. It's through the woods and there are always deer. I am so glad he wasn't hurt. It just made my stomach drop when he told me! He felt bad for the deer.


It was so cold, her nose was red!

Up on all fours

Reaching for things on the shelf...not so much fun!

4 comments:

DNV said...

wow!! She is very very close to crawling!! your life will change when she does...She looks cute with a red nose though.

Amy said...

Glad to hear that Blake is okay! That must have been scary! She looks adorable, as always! :)

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

I also am glad that Blake is ok....venison is yummy! :)

These are really cute pictures today!!! They are all cute...but I think she really gets cuter each day!!

Karen said...

She is such a cutie! Love her face in that first picture...so mischievous!