Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Willow Tree

So, while I sit here and wait for the soup I just ate to hit bottom, I thought I would share with you all about the gift my mother-in-law, Teri, sent. She sent us two willow tree figurines. My sister wasn't familiar with what willow tree is, so I thought I'd post a picture of them. I'm sure she'll recognize them when she see's them. I don't have any willow tree people, so these will make a nice addition to the baby's room. Teri sent us the pregnant woman labeled "Cherish" and the daddy with the baby labeled "New Dad". She also sent a really cute maternity tanktop and another tanktop for Blake. It was very nice of her to think of us. She always sends the most interesting packages. We are very excited as tomorrow we get to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time. We have to get up awfully early to be at the appointment on time, but it's sooo worth it! The hospital (and emergency room) is a half hour away, in good traffic and no rain. The good traffic and no rain has only ever happened once to me! We are hoping for good traffic and no rain or snow come February!
...........................................
(Okay, this is a little later in my day. I just had to post that the little girl that lives across the street from us is singing "A Whole New World" from Aladdin, in german! It's so adorable! She's about Valerie's age. I kept wondering why I was hearing the Aladdin song, and here she is, singing quite loud and it's just cute!)

3 comments:

Chris, Tasha, Dawson & Lainey said...

I LOVE willow tree people and angels!! I collect them!! My lovely hubby gave me the pregnant lady when I was pregnant with Dawson. So sweet! Glad the pregnancy is going well, you guys are in our prayers!!

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

I think the Willow people are cute! I am glad that you were blessed with them!

How sweet to hear that song...and in German! Did it have extra syllables here and there? Funny!

I put my baby on my blog...Valerie's is at the bottom.

Amy said...

Hey Becky! Your Willow Trees will be cool keepsakes to show your baby someday! That is so cute to hear "A Whole New World" in a different language. How fun!