Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Our Crazed Feline

The shredded bag
(I just noticed, you can see his teeth marks on the cardboard sticking out the side)


The cat, in his "I'm stalking you as you walk into the livingroom" pose
(I'm not quite sure why his eyes ended up glowy)


So, our lovely cat, Gratch had an interesting night. It became interesting for all of us that live and sleep in the house. He decided to take his ribbon with a bell tied on the end of it, and play with it all night. He would drag it up the stairs, get it all the way up there, then drop it off the ledge, letting it drop down each individual step.He did this quite a few times before Blake woke up and took the toy away. He still found it. Eventually it went in a drawer. Between the cat and having to pee ALL the time, this caused very few actual hours of sleep. Then came the morning. Blake came down and found the plastic bag. We aren't really sure what the thought was behind the shredding of the bag. Gratch doesn't have front claws. Only back claws and teeth. The bag wasn't even closed. All that was in it was a few wrappings from a crayon tower I won at bingo the other night. It was crazy. Then, to top everything off, when Blake got down to the kitchen, Gratch was sitting there on the counter. Nothing was on the counter, he was just relaxing up there. I'm under strict orders to keep Gratch awake today so he will defenitly sleep tonight. The cat got wise to my game about two hours into the day. He would go and lay down in the kitchen where I couldn't see him. I would then have to bribe him to come back into the livingroom and be awake by giving him a treat. He loves this, of course. I think he was abusing this after awhile as well. He's a very smart cat...at times, anyway. We always think he's so adorable...then we remember. He's a bit on the evil side. He does keep life interesting, though. There isn't really ever a dull moment when he's around.

2 comments:

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

How funny Gratch is! I am glad you showed us his antics!

Love you!

Amy said...

Your cat is so funny! My little Beauty scared me really badly today. I took Isaac shopping this morning and left Liana with Lawrence (he's working 2nd this week, yuck, but that's another story, anyways...). I didn't lock the door when I left because I knew Lawrence was home. When I came home the dog was in the house, and both cats were missing. The dog had pushed open the back door. We found Boris almost immediately, but couldn't find Beauty. I looked everywhere, for a couple of hours. I had to go to work tonight and was so sad! When I got home there was a bad thunderstorm and I just felt awful. So I went around the outside of the house meowing like a dork and finally heard a little answer. She was under my back steps! Yay! I am so thankful, I just kept praying that she didn't get stolen / hit by a car. So that's my cat story today, both of them are safely sleeping inside tonight. Love ya!