Saturday, August 18, 2007

Internet...Grrrr.....

So, do you want to know what I find interesting? The fact that internet is not internet. You would think that anywhere you log on to the internet, would be in English. It's not. I know this all makes sense, me living in Germany and all...but how do they know? Especially when you are logged into, say Hotmail, and it's registered that you live in the states!! Why would your home page be in German?? It so goes way over my head. It's so aggravating when you are trying to find something, you finally find the correct webpage, and there isn't any language button. The blog is quite simple. I just go to my dashboard, and there's a dropdown menu of languages. Google..I had to search for google in english, but I found it and have it bookmarked. The same goes for Yahoo, Target and Amazon. That's pretty easy. Other things are not. I also don't understand why, if you punch something into english google, does it still sometimes come up with german sites. This is just my vent for the day. Our internet is slow at best anyhow, so when you add language issues to the mix, it makes for a very interesting day. So, I feel better having just enlightened you all on my inadequacies in the computering world. I just don't understand, but that's okay. At least I have internet at all!

2 comments:

Amy S. Trosen said...

Eat something. I love you, Mother

Amy said...

That would be super frustrating! I definitely take my English internet for granted. Why does this happen? It must have something to do with your server. Lawrence is now making fun of my comment: "Of course they have a German server....." Yeah, we're dorks. Love ya!