Monday, August 13, 2007

Evolution Vs. Creationism...

As I lay in bed tonight, my thoughts (surprise, surprise) are on the baby. We have had a bout of all-day sickness yesterday and today. I believe it's becuase we've just switched work shifts, and getting on track with the sleeping and the eating is difficult. So, back to my original thoughts. I'm just sitting here, reflecting on the day. We watched a program today that had a segment on evolution vs creationism in schools. Becuase evolution is not a religous practice, it can be legally tought in science class as how the human race came to be about. However, on the opposite side of things, creationism is "religioius" becuase it talks of a "higher being" (God) creating mankind. Creationism can be taught in religous theory classes, but not science classes. I find this confusing. I don't understand why both aren't taught as theory, instead of one being taught as fact, and the other isn't even brought up in science classes. It just confuses me. I know everyone is all about the separation of church and state, but where does it end? Now that we are going to have a child that will eventually be in the education system, it provokes thought. Not that I havn't thought about it before, but it hits a little closer to home now. I just want the best for this little person that God has entrusted to me. I believe as parents, its our responsibility to make sure our children are taught what's right and moral. Okay, so this ends my rant for the moment. I just have a lot of thoughts that float around my ever shrinking brain :) I want so much for this little person to grow up with faith and belief in God. I don't really know how military schools work, but it will be interesting to find out...down the road, of course:) I guess I have a little bit of time before any of this comes into play for us. I just wanted to share some thoughts.

2 comments:

Amy S. Trosen said...

You know, there is just nothing quite like having a baby to focus a person's thoughts on eternal issues, is there? I love to see how your brain works - it is so similar to the way mine works. These qustions are not easy, but they do have answers. See James 1:5 for an encouraging word for you today. I love you, Mother

Amy said...

It is really frustrating how the only option that even makes sense is thrown out the window. I've wondered and wondered what we're going to do for schooling for Isaac also, as it is getting closer every day! He will be in preschool next fall. There are plenty of Christian preschools, but Christian schooling after preschool gets really expensive here. I still worry about this, but I know God will take care of it if I just give it to Him. I think that having a Christian foundation also helps a lot, they will be able to sift through the good and the bad and come home and ask questions. Thanks for your good blog! Love ya!