Friday, August 3, 2007

The end of the 1st trimester

I was taken off guard in the above picture...but, as you can see, still not showing :(

So we have finally made it to the end..the end of the beginning, that is. If you didn't already know, my ticker is off by 2 days. Tomorrow, we hit 13 weeks, the official beginning of the 2nd trimester. Next week we get to hear the heartbeat for the first time, and that's super exciting! I sometimes worry that they won't be able to find the heartbeat, but those are thoughts I just have to put out of my mind. Everything is okay and there's no reason to think otherwise. It's been a long first trimester. The worries that I had are finally beginning to dissapate. I'm still not showing at all, but I'm sure that will change in the next few weeks. I look chunkier, but it isn't the baby showing yet..it's just chunk. The love of deviled eggs had gone away for the time being also. This is great seeing as I can't stand the smell of eggs, but the taste was great. I won't have to smell them for awhile. The morning sickness seemed to really only last 2 weeks. My sister was a little disgusted at this. She was sick throughout her pregnancies. I still get the occasional yuckiness, but for the most part, headaches and stretching of the uterus are the only symtoms I have left. Oh, and the breakouts on my face. These just started a few days ago. Yuck! I am really happy that everything still seems to be going okay. I still think it's going to be a boy, but my sister-in-law thinks it will be a girl. So does my friend Kimberly, and so does Blake. Blake doesn't really count, though. He thought it was going to be twins. They pretty much ruled that out at 6 weeks, but they did say they have been wrong before. I don't think they were. I'm sooo good with just one. Valerie and Blake sure do like to tease about it! We get our next ultrasound in September, I think. From what I understand, we get referred off base to one of teh local german doctors, and we get a 4-D ultrasound done. This is pretty cool. I'm not sure if that's a defenite, but it seems that way. It will be so exciting to find out what it is! I will be posting a "belly shot" at the top of this, I just havn't taken it yet. Blake had to go to work for a few hours, but he will be back...and then I'm going and playing Bingo (woo hoo!!), but then once I get home, We will take the picture. Then I will post it at the top.

4 comments:

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

Yeah for the 2nd trimester! I am glad you are feeling good, and I think it's a girl, just so that you have my vote in there! :)

I love you!

My computer should be here today!

Amy said...

Hmmmm.... I really don't know what I think little baby Henry is yet. I think I'm kinda leaning toward a boy too. That way, Isaac would have a little boy cousin too. But if it's a girl that would be wonderful also because he just loves his girl cousins Valerie and Elizabeth!!! :) We look at pictures every now and then and he remembers who everyone is. So glad that you're feeling good! I think that the first trimester is the worst, so now it's smooth sailing! Love ya! P.S. Can't wait to see your pic!

Amy said...

You're so cute. Lawrence's input, "That's a big ol' clock." Ha ha! Love ya!

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

I just love your picture! You are looking so very good!

I also love the clock! Craig & I almost bought the same one! We may still!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! I did get my computer! I love it! I am typing on it right now! You should see how I have our computer center set up. It is very functional! I am very glad to have my set-up done. I may take a picture. Elizabeth still has her computer set up on the little brown desk...and I made a circle table out of those tables that Dad had gotten a while ago and now on one side Valerie has the old computer for schoolwork this year set up, and the other side is our new one. There is room in the back for the 2 printers. I am very pleased. It will really work much better.

I have been shelling pecans also. My thumb hurts. I have so many and it is easier to bake when they are in the freezer waiting for me to cook with them..and NOT have to shell them first!

I should have just emailed you!
I love you!