Thursday, August 9, 2007

152

152 happens to be my favorite number at the moment. This is the heart bpm of the littlest Henry. Doctor Holland didn't even have to search for the heartbeat. He found it right away! I was so pleased. He said everything is on track with being 14 weeks along. Our next appointment is in 6 weeks, and it's the big one. We get to find out what we are having!!! I am so psyched!! I just can't believe that everything is going okay! I am so relieved that he was able to find the heartbeat at all. It's such a squishy-swooshy, but precious, little noise. He answered all of our questions we've had so far. I had quite a few! We are going out this afternoon to buy our baby apointment gift. I like us to buy something for the baby every time we have a succesful appointment. I don't know what we are going to buy for this one. On the last apointment, we bought a pack of gender neutral onesies. I know for our next appointment, I want to buy the crib. Or at least order the crib on base. We have a limited selection over here. Anyway, I guess I just rambled. Back to the heartbeat...It was so amazing to actually hear the little persons heart. Blake and I both think it's a little like having an alien living in my tummy. It's kind of strange when you think about it. Very surreal. I now know exactly where my uterus is. This has been bugging me lately. It seems as if it's about an inch or two above the pelvic bone. Woo-hoo! Blake caught site of the button on my jeans today. He wondered what on earth I was doing with a rubberband around the button, instead of just buttoning it. I told him that the jeans just didn't want to button, and it gave me cramps to do it, so this is a very easy fix that a lot of pregnant women do. He told me to go buy maternity pants that fit...He says if they are too tight with them buttoned, then they are too small to be wearing. We had a good laugh over this. He'd just never heard of doing that before. So, even though it was a very early morning for us, it has been a very wonderful day. The baby is past the most critical and dangerous stage of the pregnancy and we can now relax and enjoy the rest of it. We are sooo looking foward to next month. Finding out the sex of the baby is just so exciting!!! I will be defenitly letting you all know!

6 comments:

Amy S. Trosen said...

152. Sounds like a boy. I am soooooooooooooooooooooo pleased you heard the heartbeat. I love you three, Mommy, Daddy and Baby Henry, Mother

Rebecca said...

You know, I told Blake that 152 sounded like a boy number to me, too. Isn't that strange? He just laughed at me. I'm so excited!!

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

152 sounds like a girl number! :)

I had to put that in!

So if you think it's like having a little alien in there now...just wait until you feel & SEE it moving around your belly! Craig thought THAT looked like an alien!

Yeah for you & getting to buy maternity clothes! Buy something cute! ~ and take pictures!

I am glad that you are out of the danger zone, and I also and anxious to find out what you are having!

You are so wonderful! Have I told you this lately?

Chris, Tasha, Dawson & Lainey said...

I am thinking BOY!! Not that it means anything, but fun to guess! I had two friends have baby boys just yesterday! So fun!! New life...amazing! I got your e-mail from your sis today so I will shoot you one soon! Also...I remember the days of the rubberband! Perfect fix for the in between stage! Won't be long and you will have a cute belly! SO FUN!! I loved being prego and showing off my belly. Glad you are enjoying it as well!

Amy said...

Yay! Yay yay yay!!! I am super excited! Did the four yays show that enough? I just can't wait for you to feel the baby! You will love it. It is so cool to see the whole baby just shift across your stomach. I'm trying to remember when I started feeling mine, maybe like 18 - 20 weeks? I didn't really write that stuff down and should have. Anyways, congratulations on hearing the heart beat! That is the best news I've had today! Yay!

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

I am still thinking girl! :) I really don't know why...probably just to go against the "flow"

I love you!!!!!!!