Thursday, August 23, 2007

Botched Chicken Noodle

I made homemade chicken noodle soup today. I actually made the broth a couple of days ago, but there were some unexpected out to eats!! (I got kalamari, yum yum yum!!!). So anyway, back to the soup. I made the noodles today, just thinking about how yummy this is going to be. I keep trying to replicate my sister's soup. She makes the BEST homemade soup ever! Well, my noodles stuck to the counter, and I ended up having to scrape most of them off and I ended up with chicken blob soup. They were still good, jsut not quite the same. The broth was waaaay too salty, though. I still ate two bowls of it (I was starving at this point). It was better than my last attempt, so I am getting better at it. My goal is to be able to make it like Jess does. Hers is just so yummy. I often dream of food. My husband laughs at me. Like, the other night, I had the kalamari. It made an appearance in my dream that night and last night! It was just so good. This has happened with quite a few foods that are just that good. My sister's soup is one of those things. I literally dream of eating it. This is not a pregnancy thing, either. This has always happened. When we first got here to Germany, we ate at this resturaunt that served the best canelloni ever. I dreampt about that canalloni for weeks! Blake finally took me back to get some more, just so he would stop hearing about the dreams! He is so good to eat my cooking. He has eaten my soup before, but he lucked out this time. He is working nights right now, so he was sleeping during supper. He wasn't that sad....

6 comments:

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

You are just SO funny! I think you were too hungry to realize what you were really eating when you ate my chicken noodle soup!! I have had better...

I am glad that you dream of my soup...you should come..say in October...and I'll make it again for you...EVERY day if you want!

You are my favorite sister (born to our Mother!)

Amy S. Trosen said...

I love being able to talk together onthe computer. Noodles sometimes sitck to the counter. I have it happenoften but my soup isn't as good as Jessica's either. She is a good, good kook. Cook. Maybe kook too? :) I love you, Mother

Amy said...

Ok I totally second this about Jess's soup. Amazing!!! I really need to learn how to make this also. I know she taught me once, but I can't remember. We need to have another vacation there, I always learn so much and come home with good ideas from both of you. You and Jess are my two favorite sisters (that are not from China). :) Love you!

Karen said...

It is always disspointing when a highly anticipated recipe doesn't turn out! But look at the hilarious story that was born from the tragedy! No one tells a story like you Becky! I was laughing so hard!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Love, Karen

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

Hey Auntie Beeky...

Isn't that cute? Valerie can't spell your name yet! I always laugh when I see her address you!

I love you!

I am glad that I'm Amy's favorite sister with you...not from China of course! She is so funny! I like her alot too!

Mom called me a kook? She is great!

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

I guess I could've said that I think Amy is my favorite sister married to our brother (because she is!) I am thinking WAY too hard on this! :)