Saturday, April 26, 2008

Cakes and Socks



My friend Kimberly and I made these two cakes for the Girl Scouts volunteer parent banquet. Kim baked the cakes and told me what she wanted. We came up with a fabulous idea for a caterpillar and I already had a butterfly pan. Needless to say, the cakes were a hit. I just love doing this kind of thing.
I got home around 8 last night and was beat! I have been weaning myself off my daily naps, which is proving to be a little more difficult than I had thought it would be. Blake is so awesome. I gave the baby a bath and put her on my bed to hang out with him while I got ready for bed myself. I walked back into the bedroom and found this! He totally made me laugh! These are the socks that Teri got me for Christmas. I am still smiling at Cara wearing them!

5 comments:

Amy S. Trosen said...

The cakes really turned out fabulous! (By the way, Blake never ceases to tickle me with his sense of humor. He is such a treasure in our lives, isn't he!) I love you, Mother

DNV said...

I LOVE the cakes!! You have to tell me how you did the catepillar one! Cara looks soo cute in those socks.

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

You are a cake marvel! I am always really impressed at your ability! I would be hesitant to eat them because they look so pretty! Did you have a picture to go by on your butterfly, or did you create that wonderful design on your own??? You are SO amazing!

Amy said...

Your cakes are gorgeous!!! You are so very talented! I love the picture of Cara. What a cutie!

Karen said...

Beautiful cakes! How did you do the caterpiller? Cupcakes?