Saturday, September 15, 2007

Luxemburg

Chateau le Vianden (Luxemburg)
a beautiful gondola ride a beautiful church in Trier


The birth place of Karl Marx

Erica and Me What a wonderful week I just had! Blake's cousin, Erica, was here for a tdy and since her hubby didn't come along with her, I got to go to Luxemburg with her. Luxemburg is a beautiful, but tiny little country to the east of Germany. They speak German, French and English there, along with thier own language called "Luxemburgish". It's a mix of German and French. We got to do a little bit of sightseeing in Trier as well. Trier is in Germany, just inside the border. We were hoping to get to Belgium while we were there, but just ran out of time. It was such a fun time. It was nice to get "recharged" and eat some different types of food. The hotel was a 5 star and was just wonderful. It was a little expensive to eat and shop in Lux, but it was so beautiful!! I had a great time, but like always, it was nice to get home. Both Blake and the cat missed me. The cat was a little irritated that I had left, but now he hasn't left my side. He must have forgiven me.

Baby Update:
We are at week 19 now, which means we are just one week shy of 5 months. This seems pretty far along to me. We get our ultrasound done in a little over a week! I am still super psyched! I feel the baby almost everyday now. It still hasn't hit home, but it's starting to sink in a little bit. I'm still not showing, but I've decided that that's okay. I must be taking after my wonderful sister, and there just isn't anything wrong with that. I will show eventually, but I don't need to stress about it. I will gain weight and not just look fat, I just have to be patient!
This is just a really big daddy longleg I found in my house. I wish you could really see how huge it really was!

3 comments:

Karen said...

What beautiful pictures! What a blessing to be able to go to all of these countries! I am envious (but not in a bad way!)! Glad to hear that you are feeling well, and I am looking forward to seeing some ultrasound pictures!

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

The pictures are AWESOME!! You are so lucky to be able to visit these places!! I would love to see them when we come over! :)

What was the writing on the black "box" on the pink building? What did this building signify?

The landscape picture with the city on one side, and castle/church on the other with the river in the middle is my absolute favorite of the pictures that you posted! How beautiful! You were in a perfect spot to take this picture!

I am glad you had a good time relaxing and sight seeing! Are you resting up now?

I too am excited to see your ultrasound pictures of my new little niece/nephew!

ok, the spider is funny. I totally held a spider on Thursday! GROSS! I was getting seeds from some of my plants for Sarah, and opened my hand to look at them and there was a nasty spider sitting there with the seeds! I totally yelled and flipped the seeds out of my hands all over EVERYWHERE! (all the seeds scattered-and the spider stuck to my hand! I had to shake my hand frantically a few times).. It rather defeated the purpose of getting the seeds to begin with.... I ended up sharing some that I had "harvested" safely last week.

Anyhooo...I love you!

Rebecca said...

The pink house and the plaque are where Karl Marx was born. The plaque is on the pink house and the pink house is in Trier.