Thursday, September 27, 2007

Happy Birthday Dad!!

Larry Jon Trosen
So, I didn't get Dad a present this year...come to think of it, I don't know if I ever do actually give him a gift. He just isn't a gift type person. I believe he likes them when he does receive them, but it's not a necessity. He loves to visit with people instead...and eat! He is such a wonderful man, though. Growing up, I would have labled him quite strict( which I see now as a good thing)...and a lover of playing games. We grew up playing Spades, Hearts, 10 9 8 (Up and Down the River), the dice game, cribbage and so many others. Bubble Bobble and Ttetris on the computer. It was always a challenge to try to get "Puker's" name off the high score list! I don't know that we ever did! He was always just too good! I don't know if he knows how wonderful we kids think he is, but I am hoping he will get a small hint! He is always there to take care of us when we are in need. It doesn't matter if it's a financial matter or an emotional matter. You wouldn't think it just to talk to him, but he has a very caring listening ear! His advice is always sound and he always has some for every occasion you need it on. I look back on us growing up, and when I as small, I would think he was "so unfair" and "didn't let us do anything!". How grateful I am for who he is and was, and how he raised us. Had he just allowed us to do whatever we wanted, we would not have turned out the way we did! He may have seemed strict, but we turned out pretty well (if I do say so myself!!). I find myself thinking very similarly to how he must have thought when we were growing up. I am more alike him than I ever thought! With our new little one on the way, I am more grateful for Dad than I ever have been! We are all strong in mind and spirit, we know how to handle ourselves and we were always taken care of, and in turn, know how to take care of our own families. He has provided such a wonderful base to our family. He truly is the patriarc that everyone wishes they had! Thank you Dad, for being wonderful!! We love you!

2 comments:

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

Happy Birthday Dad!

Amy S. Trosen said...

I agree 100 percent. Happy birthday, dear!