Friday, December 12, 2008

Supper time blues

Oh, the horror's of a tuna sandwich.

Finally, the good stuff, pears :)

Oh, the joys of training. Cara has hit a wonderful new stage of "choosing" what she wants to eat and what is disgusting. Everything seems to be the latter. We have started today with the training of eating what is on our plate. Wow, is this difficult! We started with a lovely tuna sandwish. It was NOT a favorite. She choked and sputtered on every bite. By the time we got done, she was at least somewhat opening her mouth for the bite. She still cried, but she ate it. She wanted to spit out each and every bite as well, but we kicked that pretty quickly....a little snip here, a little snip there....she finally realized that eating partially chewed bites was gross and she stopped spitting it out. Her reward for eating was pears. She hasn't had pears yet, and I was expecting her to object, but she loved them. I am really hoping tomorrow goes a little better!

6 comments:

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

I laughed out loud! Her expressions are SO great! She will out-grow this stage eventually!

Love you!

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

Ok, at looking again...I am still laughing at that first expression! You really take great pictures!

DNV said...

She is funny...She is starting to show her little personality...is she kind of like her daddy?? (stubborn) lol

Jason and Kimberly McClish said...

Everyday is such a wonderful adventure with her! I just love living vicariously through you. I don't know how you do, I swear you are SUPER MOM!

Karen said...

Good for you for teaching her to eat what is on her plate. I used to HATE that growing up (especially when we had fish patties...yuck!), but it taught me to be grateful. And now I love to try all kinds of new foods.

Keep up the good work! You are a great mom!

Jake and Ashley Hodapp said...

You're such a good mother! Keep at it!! It is worth having a good eater in the end!