Sunday, December 21, 2008

My little girl

I just totally think Cara has gone from a baby to a toddler in the last few weeks. It's like her brain grew or something. She is just so much fun (now that she's eating)! Blake got her up this morning when he got home from work and let me sleep in (awesome hubby!!!). He sat on the floor and read his book and she sat on the floor and read every single one of her books. Her favorite books at the moment are a Curious George goes to the Zoo and her Easter books. She has two of them and she loves them both!
She and I went out to dinner with my friend Kimberly, her cousin and cousin's friend last night. It was a really nice evening. Cara did great! She ate spaghetti and had a couple of bites of icecream for desert. We are having so much fun with her!

Today marks the first day of the Christmas week! We made peanutbutter cookies with chocolate chips and coconut yesterday. These are Blake's favorite cookies ever. I actually tried one today, and I have to say, I make some pretty awesome cookies! I never thought they would actually taste good, but I can see why he likes them so much. I wanted to make candy this year, but with Cara and being pregnant...I think I may just wait until next year. This is just such a wonderful time of year. I know it's easy to get caught up with the presents and the music and the candy. It's easy to forget the real meaning for the season...Celebrating God's greatest gift to us. I am looking foward to starting our tradition of reading the Christmas Story with Cara. I know she has no clue what's going on, but I really want her to grow up knowing that Jesus is the real reason for the season.
I am sure I'll blog again before Christmas, but I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas Week!!

3 comments:

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

I so wish we were together this Christmas season...doing everything together! I am sitting here...at 5:14am...marveling at the time and that Matthew slept all night (!) and yet feeling blue because you are SO far away. I love you and hope your Christmas is perfect!

DNV said...

I LOVE Christmas and the whole meaning behind it. We hosted a big family get togther last night and tonight Dave and I are going to drive around and look lights while sipping hot chocolate with the kids. We do it every year. This is my favorite time of year.

Amy S. Trosen said...

I love seeing Christmas through the eyes of my children. Thank you for this post.