Thursday, February 28, 2008

Oh, what a day...

So, as you all know, today was my first day alone with the baby. It seemed like things were starting to go off at an okay rate. Blake went to work, I gave Cara a bath..things were going okay. I needed to run to the commisary to grab a couple of things (milk, bread, food), just groceries in general. I was feeling up to the task, so I started getting ready to leave. This takes a lot longer than before because I now have to get Cara ready as well. I pumped a bottle of milk for her, becuase Blake wanted me to stop by and show one of his airmen the baby. I put a couple of things in the sink to soak, turned the water faucet on and went upstairs to get dressed. For some reason, it didn't occur to me to turn the water back off. Ten minutes later, I was on my way back downstairs and I could hear what seemed to be a waterfall. Oh boy. I got to the kitchen and it was completly flooded! There was an inch of water across the entire floor!!! I quickly turned the faucet off and ran upstairs to get every towel I own. The towels did nothing. The water was everywhere. The silverware drawer was completly full of water, I havn't yet looked in the lower cabinets...I can only imagine. I ran to the commisary and bought a mop. When I got home, I put all the towels in the washer on the spin cycle to get the water out of them. This is where I am at as we speak. I fed and changed Cara and I am waiting for her to fall back asleep so I can get a little more of the kitchen cleaned up. What a day!!
On another note..here is the daily picture of Cara. She brightens up even my darkest moments!

4 comments:

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

She is so sweet! I am sad for you that Mother left...but you'll enjoy making your home special with your new little girl! I will look forward to seeing you at some point in life! I sure love you!

DNV said...

I am so sorry your first day was so chaotic! As I am sure you know motherhood is very chaotic! Just today I went to work talked to ALexis' softball coach and Cole's wrestling coach at lunch then on break I was talking to a mortgage guy then it was off to Alexis' Basketball game then home to homework making dinner and lunches for the field trip I am chaperoning for Alexis and then off to bed to start a new day!! AHH but I love being so involved with my kids....I wouldn't have it any other way!! Good luck on your second day alone!! I am sure you will be great!

Amy S. Trosen said...

Wow, what a day! At least it can't get any worse. Tell Blake I love the flowers. It was such a surprise and I just love flowers. Please hug him for me. I miss you. I miss you. I miss you. Love, Mother, Mom, MImi

Amy said...

Oh, Becky! I remember feeling just like you did in this blog! It is all kind of overwhelming, but little by little it seems to get easier! You are such a great mama! Love you and miss you!