Monday, February 11, 2008

At last we have progress...

We had our baby appointment this afternoon. Finally we have progress!! I am 2cm dialated and the doctor swept my membranes (ouch!) and now we are waiting. The doctor is going to call tomorrow morning with our next appointment date. He wants to induce before the week is out. Seeing as how it is a holiday weekend, we may have to wait until Monday, but yay!! I love having a plan and information. I am really hoping that we go naturally. I am crampy. Last night I had actual timeable contractions. I thought it was so great that it finally happened! I was so hoping that maybe we would have to go in, but no. Still, we had progress and that is all I was hoping for! We are still praying that maybe I'll go tonight or tomorrow. That would be great! I can't believe that within a week, I'll be holding my little girl! Blake had a dream that she was actually a boy and we named in Ivan. I don't think that will be happening. Mom had a dream that she was a boy too. I am really hoping for her sake that she is a girl! We have no clothes for a boy. I guess he would be one cutely dressed boy until we got some different things!
Well, here's hoping that the next blog you see will have a birth announcement on it!!!! Thank you for all your prayers!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Uncle Bud, who we all know is just slightly competitive, is really sure that the baby is a boy! He's also banking on the 12th and keeps checking this to make sure that he will win. Lol! I am thinking girl though still. I remember being slightly panicked about Isaac, because even though I knew he was a boy, people kept teasing me that I might end up with a little girl. Either way, I would have been happy! I am so excited to hear about the progress! Any moment now you'll have your baby! Yay!!! Love you and we are praying for you!

Amy S. Trosen said...

I picked the 12th too and that's today, and Bud, while I think Ivan Henry is an interesting name, I picked girl and am sticking with it - sorry Blake. So, here's for having a birthday today. Becky and I are going walking as soon as Blake leaves for work, so I'm doing what I can for us, Bud. Mother

DNV said...

SOO Close!! I am going to call you now!!love me

Kayla said...

ahhh we are so excited for you!!!!