Sunday, February 17, 2008

Introducing Cara





The labor process went so well. Mother and I went in for an appointment on the morning of the 14th. It was just a routine stripping of the membranes. We had our appointment to get induced scheduled for Monday morning. Well, after the doctor stripped me, he asked me what I was doing for the rest of the day becuase he wanted me to stay and have the baby. Color me shocked! We went up to labor and delivery and the checked me in. 12 hours later, we had our beautiful baby daughter in our arms. I have to say...yay on epidurals! I was so set on just going naturally. They started the pitocen drip at noon, but the contractions weren't dialating me past a three. Finally, at 5, they came in and decided to break my water. It took 30 seconds for the first major contraction to hit. Wow! I guess I was trying to crawl off the bed...they really hurt. I decided to have the epidural, and ten minutes later, I got it. The contractions were still the same strength, but I could no longer feel the horridly intense pain. I don't know how people can handle hours of that! I think had we been further along in the labor process and had been close to delivering, maybe I wouldn't have needed it, but we were still 6 hours away from delivering. I know now that if I ever have to be induced again, I will be defenilty getting the epidural right away. The pushing took about 35 to 40 minutes and she was out. I can't believe how wonderful she is! We had her on Valentines Day with 22 minutes to spare. I am so happy!

6 comments:

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

What PRECIOUS pictures of your darling little one!! She is SO SWEET!!!

I am glad you are feeling good and are now at home getting into a routine!! I can't WAIT to see you all!

Love you!

Amy said...

She is soooo cute! I just keep looking at the pictures over and over again! She's just so precious! I just love them. You all look so great and happy! What a beautiful family you have. We are so very happy for you. Can't wait to meet her!!! Love you!!!

DNV said...

Oh my gosh!! SHE is just sooo beautiful...I see she has those adorable pouty lips!! It is hard to tell who she looks like yet but her little chin reminds me of Alexis when she was born!! She is so absolutley wonderful!! I am so glad you got an epideral!! They are so great!! You didn't push very long!! You did a great job!! I have been checking this page every couple hours to see pictures..I am sooo glad you put them up! I will call you guys soon...Again congratulations you two!! Children are God's Greatest Blessing and I am glad he blessed you with such a gorgeous precious little lady!! She looks marvelous in purple!! love auntie ness..

Kayla said...

SO we were sitting at the table with Tim and Karrie and talking about how cute it would be if you had a valentines baby and not 5 minutes later we all got a text from Vanessa saying she was born.. We are so happy for you!!! She is so cute. Nick thinks she looks alot like lexi!

Delchi, Krista, Sabria, Ariana and Ivan said...

We are praising the Lord with you in the safe arrival of your sweet blessing Cara. She is so alert and bright-eyed! Words just can't express our happiness and joy for the three of you! Hope it won't be too long before we get to meet Cara. All our love, the Fafaches

Our Home to Yours said...

What a sweetheart she is, Blake and Becky!! We are so glad you are all healthy and well, enjoying your new little family!!! Best wishes on your new princess.. they are sure special!!! I just can;t get over how adorable she is!!!