Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Third Trimester

We have hit the beginning of the end. We have 13 weeks left (approximately) until this little one gets here. I remember when we were only 13 weeks into it! It didn't seem like very long, and yet we were so very pleased to be getting out of the first trimester. I think this second trimester has been the best both physically and emotionally. Things are defenitly starting to happen now, though. The stretch marks have made thier appearance...I think they are trying to recruit friends too!! I try to tell them it's okay...friends of thiers aren't welcome, but I don't think they are listening to me. Oh well....Cara is getting bigger along with my belly. I still don't look as pregnant as I feel like I do, but I'm sure that will change here pretty quick. Blake commented the other day that I waddle...I don't know how accurate this is. Sometimes it's hard to get up off the couch, and then when I do, it takes a few steps to get comfy...maybe I do waddle! Well, I guess this is life. I am still loving the fact that we get a kid at the end of all this. The stretch marks, the itchy belly, the sleepless nights, the incurable indegestion...everything is so totally worth it. It's hitting home more and more that she will be here soon. Life really is a miracle!

9 comments:

Chris, Tasha, Dawson & Lainey said...

Oh how fun....yes, you are right! All the icky stuff is worth it!! I am so excited for you guys!! How fun!! Makes me miss being pregnant and remembering the feeling of being so excited to hold that little baby in your arms!!

Oh, I had a cabbage patch doll exactly like yours! Her name was Margaret Jane! (after both my grandmothers)Now Dawson carries her around, and gives her rides on his 4-wheeler...uh hu...all boy!

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

I am excited to see for myself if you really DO waddle! I also remember those "pregnant" things...little babies are SO very sweet! How fun that you got a Cabbage Patch just like yours!

See you soon!

Our Home to Yours said...

So excited for you Becky! You are almost there!!!!! :)
I love seeing your new pictures and I love the spelling you chose.. Carolyn is beautiful! (I'm a "y" fan..) I always wanted a Cabbage Patch doll, but never got one. How great for Cara! :)
Well, our little one is already making an appearance! I am showing now like I was when I was 6 months pregnant with Leah! But first babies never show right away... funny how that works. Anyways.. hope you are well... I remember itchy bellies and all that not so fun stuff! You've got the right idea tho'.. It is totally worth it! So fun to hear your updates!

Delchi, Krista, Sabria, Ariana and Ivan said...

We are just so thrilled for you both! I just love your joyful attitude even through the not-so-fun parts of pregnancy. You are a blessing to me. Just wanted you to know that. Love ya, Krista
by the way, is Blake's first name Timothy? Just wondering who Timothy is. :)

Rebecca said...

Blake's first name is Timothy! I figured I should probably let people know that at some point in time! It does, in fact, confuse people. It confuses the people at work...they call him Tim while his friends call him Blake. It's great!

Karen said...

It is so fun seeing pictures of your baby bump, and to hear how things are going! It's hard to believe that you are almost there..the time has passed so quickly!

Melanie said...

Oh Becky! You are going to be an amazing mom!

DNV said...

I hope you guys had a fantastic Thanksgiving!! We love and miss you both!

The Ericksons said...

You're in the home stretch! See if you can top Jack's 23" length :)