Friday, November 23, 2007

Black Friday...

So, I did something today I thought I'd never do. I got up and went shopping on the busiest shopping day of the year, Black Friday. As most of you know, I am NOT a huge shopper. I like to avoid going anywhere near stores the day after Thanksgiving. This year, however, I went with my friend Kim. We had a few things we wanted to get and one of our friends wanted the laptop they were selling at a fabulously cheap $350. Our friend got to the store at 2 am. We thought she was a little bit crazy....we showed up around 2:45 am (we didn't want her to just sit there waiting by herself....). We pretty much thought we'd be the only people there for quite some time...boy were we wrong. We were the second ones in line, and by 3 am, there were at least fifteen people there. By 4:30 am there were between 30 and 50 people there, and by 7 am, the line was wrapped around the side of the building. It was insane!!! The doors opened at 8 am. The first 100 people got gift cards and once you were at the register checking out, for every $100 you spent, you got $20 off your purchase. Not too shabby. Our friend got her laptop and Kimberly and I got what we needed. We were shopping for our work holiday party (giveaway prizes and whatnot). We ended up getting done with everything at around 11 am. The checkout lines were massivly long. They took forever to get through. All in all, this was a once in a lifetime thing for me. It was not a horrible day, but it was long! I will go back to my usual avoidance of any stores from now on. The day after Thanksgiving will be reserved for decorating for Christmas from now on. I hope all of you had a fabulous Thanksgiving!!!

3 comments:

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

You are so brave! I also try and avoid all shopping when there is going to be people around! I think it must run in our family! Mom & I did brave the people this afternoon...not as many as the early hours...but still quite a few!

I miss you already! Now I can't wait to meet that new little one after she is born!

I love you! I'll call you or buzz you when we get back...

Amy said...

Yesterday was crazy at work!!! People were everywhere and it was the busiest I've ever seen it the whole time I've worked retail. Here we had people waiting at Best Buy from noon on Thanksgiving on! That just seems really crazy to me. They spent the night outside in the cold! I don't think you could have paid me to do that, it was really cold here. I'm glad you guys got what you wanted! I'm hoping to be able to go out early one year, it is so exciting! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Love you!!!!

DNV said...

I went online shopping and then to Target later on...I was going to get up early and go shopping but I probably have a kidney stone and I am in lots of pain...Yea not fun...I have a test tomorrow to find out what is going on...I am kinds hating life right now...I am just praying that God will guide the doctors hands to find out what is wrong with me....I just want them to find out what is going on and fix me!! I miss you and I do have some good news...I just found out my brother and Lisa are having a girl!!