Monday, March 23, 2009

Welcome David Alexander!!

David Alexander Henry
8lb 10.7 oz
21 inches long
born 1:07am








My little boy finally made his appearance early this morning. He is such a handsome little man. I had thought I was leaking amniotic fluid, so around 1:30pm yesterday afternoon, Blake took me in to get checked out. The doc checked everything and couldn't find a leak. He did an ultrasound to check the fluid levels on the baby and said he was just going to check me, strip me and send me home. He said that it was a possibility that it could have been a high leak that was just a trickle, but he couldn't see anything. Well, he checked my cervix and gush, water came out. I was officially admitted into the hosiptal with plans to deliver a baby.
They gave me an epidural and after that kicked in, they broke the rest of my water. Nothing was happening after an hour or two, so they hooked up the pitocen. The contractions defenitly started then!!! The epidural wasn't effective on my right side and boy did that hurt! After an hour or two of that, they came back and gave me some different medicine that worked and the pain went away. By the time that medication wore off, we were ready to push. Three contractions later we had a beautiful little boy.
His head is a little coney and he has a few red splotches on his face, but he is just fabulous! He kind of looked like Cara when he first came out, but now he doesn't really. I think they have the same chin, though.
I am so glad he is finally here. He was worth the wait!! More pictures to come!



10 comments:

Amy said...

He is just gorgeous!!! Absolutely perfect! I can't wait to meet him. I wish that we were there so I could give you all a big hug! I am so thankful that everything went well, and that you are both feeling good. I am sooo happy for you! Congratulations!!!!

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!! I LOVE HIM ALREADY! HE IS SOOOOOOO CUTE! I seriously can't wait to meet him!!! He is so sweet looking! I hope you are feeling well!

I want you to know that I got up super early today to go have donuts and juice with the girls here at Breezy.... I wanted to use the computer too and see your pictures! (There is ALWAYS someone on the computer! Apparently NOT this early in the morning! :) )

We are having lunch with Grandpa & Grandma today...I will tell them how cute Alex is! You had him on Craig's Dad's birthday! How fun!

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

Valerie & Elizabeth:

Oh my goodness he is SO cute!!! I cannot WAIT to see him! Are his eyes brown? They look really dark! How long was he? He is just so cute! He resembles Matthew...

We love you Aunty Becky & Uncle Blake!!!!

We love you too Mimi!

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

Ok, we totally just took pictures of your pictures with our camera so we could show Craig & Grandpa & Grandma! It was Valerie's fabulous idea!

Niij said...

He is so beautiful! You did a wonderful job! You are so blessed to have two precious, healthy babies!

Karen said...

Congratulations, and welcome David!

Kayla said...

YAY CONGRATULATIONS!!!

We are so happy for you! Love you guys

DNV said...

What a BEAUTIFUL BOY!!!! I love him so much already! He looks like Cara and in one picture like Blake and Owen in another! I hope you are feeling okay. I know how it feels for the epideral not to work.

DNV said...

Alex has Hunter lips! Well, they are Blake, David, Owen, Cole lips! They come from the Gibbons.

Vanessa said...

I can't wait till you get home so I can see more pictures....He is so cute!