Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Our first day home




Today is our first day home with Alex. We got home from the hospital last night and everything is going pretty well so far. Cara had only a moment of jealousy, but then she realized that she can sit next to me and pet Alex. That pretty much made it all better. She pets him like he's the cat, it makes me laugh. I don't have any pictures of them together yet, but I will be getting some today!
Our first night went pretty well too. He woke up every two hours, didn't really want to eat, but would go back to sleep pretty much right away. He's been up for over an hour right now and is drifting back off again. I forget how icky neborn poo is! I can't wait until he starts pooping for real.
Well, I guess that's it for us right now. I should go sleep while he's sleeping. I am sure there will be more updates later!!

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh Becky! He is so sweet!!! You have the most beautiful babies! I am so excited for you and can't wait to meet Alex sometime soon. You have to all come over for a visit!

By the way, I am very impressed with your on-the-ball blogging. You're amazing!

DNV said...

He is so cute!! What a beautiful boy! He looks so perfect. I love the pictures! Keep them coming. Iwas so bummed I missed your call yesterday. I didn't call back because I didn't want to wake you. He looks like he has brown eyes
Call again if you get a spare moment. Haha.. with two little ones, i know it is quite difficult. Love you .

Amy said...

He is just gorgeous! I am trying to decide who he looks like. Any ideas? He looks like just the sweetest little guy. So alert! I wish we could be over there with you! Hope you're having a great day! Love you!!

Delchi, Krista, Sabria, Ariana and Ivan said...

Congratulations Becky!
He is so sweet! We are so happy for you!
Here's a quick tip that I learned from my mid-wife to help changing those sticky newborn poops: Rub some olive oil on his bum so that the next time you change him the poo comes off a lot easier without so much scrubbing. :) ~Krista

Niij said...

Alex is SOOOOOO cute!!! Keep those babies coming! I'm only 1/2 kidding! : )

TERI, and THE BOYZ said...

Good tip from Krista.
Okay, he looks sssssso serious! He's really taking in everything around him, isn't he... AND I just think he's one of the most beautiful babies I've ever seen!