Friday, February 20, 2009

A New Home

So we are officially moved into our new home. Yes, we are still in Germany. We just moved on base. It is fabulous so far. I love the HUGE american fridge, the dishwasher (which I havn't actually used yet) and the american plugs. I love that we are 4 minutes from the BX and commisary and I love that I now have two bathrooms. There are downsides to our new place, but I think the pro's most emphaticly outweigh the con's. I may change my mind a few months down the road as I am lugging two children up three flights of stairs.....but that's then. This is now and I love it! I don't have pictures to put up yet, but I will.
Okay, so onto Cara news....She is so fabulous! She took her first wobbly steps the day before her birthday and now, she doesn't crawl at all. She walks absolutly everywhere! She has tried to run, but that ends up with her nose flat against the floor. She finally says Momma. She has been saying kitty and Daddy for awhile, but never momma. I was so happy to hear it!! She also has "words" for juice and shoe. It kind of sounds like juice...but more like "doooo". Shoe sounds like kitty. This is logical as the kitty has his strings that he plays with and shoe laces look just like his strings. She now calls shoes kitty...and will chase him around with the shoe. He pretty much hates it. She is completly off of her bottle now. She weaned herself, which was awesome. She weighs 23 pounds and is 31 inches tall. She dropped to the 60th percentile for weight and is above the 95th for height. She is just doing fabulous.
I am now 36 weeks pregnant. It is hard to believe that I have only a month left. I am hoping less than a month, but it seems that in our family, we tend to go overdue....always! I have my next appointment next week and I will be 37 weeks. That's technically full term. It would be so awesome if little Alex would be here then!
It's been so awesome to have my Mother here. Talk about a huge break! She carries Cara up and down the stairs and this morning she even got up with her! I totally got to sleep in. I am so glad she was here for the move. I can see where I would have been completly overwhelmed. We have been in the new place since Wednesday and we have the kitchen completly done and the livingroom almost completly done. I would have been totally lost without her. I get so tired so easily, it's amazing.
Blake is doing so fabulous! On top of the move, he has work, school, a pregnant wife, a one year old daughter and a mother-in-law to deal with! He has been so fantastic. He went out and bought me a wonderful present in the midst of everything. A Wii!! Mother and I took a little unpacking break and played for a bit. We love it.
I will hopefully have pictures to put up tomorrow. I know you all are dying without my daily pictures of Cara!!! I am hoping to get a 36 week pregnant picture up too. That's the plan!!

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

Can't wait to see pics and I am so happy for you!

LT said...

If I counted correctly... Fabulous count is at 5 for this post.

I'm sending you a thesaurus for your birthday.

:)

Bud

Amy said...

Congratulations on your new home! That is so exciting! Looks like you are already getting settled in! That is so great! Love you!