Monday, December 17, 2007

Our Christmas Party

Blake's work had thier holiday party last night. It was such a fun evening! Kimberly and I put in a lot of work helping out and everything turned out just fabulous at the end. There were some awesome door prizes to be won...sadly I didn't win anything, however, Kim did! She won the ipod! How great is that? There was a grand prize at the end of the night that everyone wanted. A 42 inch flat screen plasma hidef tv. Yes...we were hoping that maybe we would win this (as was everyone in the room!). The chaplain ended up winning it, which I think is great. He donated it to the airmen in the dorms. I think he was going to put it in their main dayroom or something. I thought that was great. The food turned out to be amazing. You always wonder at bigger functions, but it was great. We had a nice table of people and everyone got along. I won the center piece! That was cool for me. The spouse organization was in charge of getting the center pieces for the tables, and at the last minute, we were 5 short, so I put together the last five. I thought they turned out fabulous, and I got to bring one home! I was so very happy. There were a couple of games that we played. One of them, the highest ranking person at the table had to stand up, and we got to decorate them as a christmas tree. Hee hee...can you guess who our highest ranking person was? That's right, it was Blake!!! He was a good sport, though and totally participated without even a single grimace. We didn't win, although we didn't have very good decorations to work with. I thought we did excellent with what we had. We ended up getting home around 11, which isn't too late. It was such a nice night. Everyone seemed to have a really good time.

As per request....here is an updated side shot from me....We are currently 32 1/2 weeks and really really waiting for February! I feel as if it will never come....but I know it will. My mother will be here in a month, and once she gets here, Cara can come at any point. Woo hoo!!!! I certainly seemed to have gained a lot of weight in the last month. I just keep getting bigger and bigger. I guess this means a healthy baby, right????? (this is what I tell myself...) :)

8 comments:

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

What a FUN Christmas party! Our's was fun too! You look SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good! Definately pregnant! Thanks for the update on how cute your tummy looks!

Did you take a picture of Blake as a Christmas tree? I would LOVE to see it!

Love you!!!!!!!!!!!! Merry Christmas - - - early!

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

ok, me again! I totally see Blake NOW as the tree! I missed it the first time for some reason!

Very interesting!!!!!

Love you MORE!

Karen said...

What fun Becky! You are looking so great!

Unknown said...

Becca, you look so cute!!! Definitely pregnant!! I can't wait to see what Cara will look like!

~Jess Lukic

Our Home to Yours said...

Hey Becky,
I LOVE your pretty black dress!!! It is so great for parties.. I need to find one for a wedding I have coming up.. :) Maternity fashions are hard to find cheap! I loved reading your blog entry.. so fun!

Anonymous said...

hey hun you all look so cute... and look at you and your tiny tummy!!! sound like you had a wonderful christmas party... talk to you soon...we miss you both kisses and hugs to you all :)

Amy said...

You look so beautiful Becky! Your dress is just gorgeous. Where did you find it? Looks like you guys had lots of fun. Blake is definitely a good sport! We went to a Christmas party last night for worship team. We played a silly game where you had to all go around and say something that you hadn't done that everyone else had. Lawrence won, he was officially the biggest loser with the least life experiences. Lol! That's what everyone kept teasing him about at least. He said he'd never been to Red Lobster or on the Mississippi River. Everything is just so much fun right now! I am just counting down to Christmas and my little niece soon after that! I can't wait! Love ya!!!

DNV said...

AHHH you look so freakin' cute!! Thank you for the updated pics!!Can't wait to see the third of the month pic..You will be getting bigger and bigger every day!! I hope you had a great CHristmas...I will update my blog soon!