Saturday, December 22, 2007

A house guest and a Wonderful Hubby!!

We are watching our friends' cat while they are away. His name is Jordan. He's about 8 or 9 years old...so he's getting up there. He's never had to live with another animal before, much less one as active as Gratch. Let me tell you! I thought we were going to have to put Jordan back in his own house and just check on him everyday....he couldn't stand Gratch! All Gratch wanted to do was play, but Jordan just didn't know what to think about him. After two days of this...they've finally worked it all out. Jordan and Gratch play all night. And when I say all night, I sooooo totally mean ALL night! They will take turns chasing each other, stalking each other...just running up and down the stairs. I think Gratch is absolutly loving the second animal in the house. They both sleep all day now becuase they are so worn out! I am so glad they are getting along so great!
Before our friends left, we did our Christmas with them. Look at the dishes Kimberly got me!! I love them. I always see them at the Bx, but I talk myself out of getting them all the time. I am so pleased with them. I have so many uses for them!!
Blake and I have this thing where we will buy each other gifts and then give them to each other right away...without waiting for the holiday. We have only done this with a couple of gifts this year. We actually have presents under the tree, waiting to be opened until Christmas (this is actually a first). Look at some of the things Blake got me. He is so wonderful!! The santa bears are just perfect. I have one for every year but last year. I just figured I'd have a four year break from being in Germany...nope! He totally found this pair for me! They have the year on thier foot and everything. Then....he got me Lego Star Wars, the complete saga! We have been playing this for the last two days straight! It is so much fun. He is such a wonderful husband.
We have been getting more and more ready for Cara to make her appearance. Blake has been so good to me! He really pampers me. I sometimes just can't get over it! I have been having to sleep on the couch lately becuase our bed makes me ache from head to toe. He has been coming down and sleeping with me on the couch! It is big enough for the both of us, but I know he isn't getting the greatest sleep. He still likes to come and be near me. I love that! He put the best ice scraper in my car. I don't even drive everyday, but he wanted to make sure that the one I had actually worked. So he suffers with the cheapy one that really does no good. Last week, I made baked potatoes for dinner and we only had enough sour cream for one person. I was totally willing to give it to him, but he let me have it. I know this seems cheesy to some of you (probably all of you), but I just can't help it. I think I'll blame it on hormones for the moment!I just wanted everyone to know how wonderful my hubby really is!
Just on an off note...this is a picture from my front window. It's so pretty outside....I just wish it would snow. All we have so far is ice. Ice is pretty, but it just isn't snow...I'm still waiting for that!

2 comments:

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

Ahhhhhhhh! *sniff*

I am glad that you are being pampered so well by Blake! He IS one great guy! We have 2 great husbands, don't we?!! Craig spent the day pampering me as well!~not with sour cream...but other wonderful things!

I LOVE the picture of your backyard! Soon....I will be able to see it personally! I can't wait!

Love you! I hope your Christmas is wonderful!!!

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

What a very nice background you have!