Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Baby mode is here!!

So, I've completely gone into baby mode. I can't believe how quickly you can actually bond to the little person growing inside you! We have been protecting our feelings and emotions for the last 5 months, thinking "what happens if it turns out badly?". We have been so careful not to let ourselves go completly baby crazy. After our ultrasound last week, I have finally moved past the aprehensive stage. I am now 100% excited about little Cara coming into the world. Blake, I think, is still somewhat protective on his feelings, but he is getting more and more into it. We have not really bought anything baby so far, but we found the perfect crib for a very decent price, and then today, Blake went and bought me the prefect stroller! Our friends, Kim and Jason, bought the matching carseat for our baby gift! They are rather wonderful friends. Kimberly is doing my baby shower and has some wonderful plans! It has just been such a wonderful week. I bought a baby heart listener thing at a garage sale for $2. All I needed to get was a battery for it. It totally works! I take my 3rd of the month picture tomorrow, I'm pretty excited about that. I am still not showing compared to other peole starting their 6th month of pregnancy, however, I do have a teeny baby bump.
On another note, I have a couple of recipes I am trying out this week. One is a spicy alfredo pasta dish, which looks delicious! I think peppers are veggies (hee hee), so I've been looking for pasta dishes that have peppers in them. Blake, with his missing wisdom teeth, can eat pasta a little more easily than other things for now. I can't wait to try it! I'm also trying out baked apples this week. I eat cinnamon and apple oatmeal every morning, and every morning I think of how wonderful the apple chunks are, that are in the oatmeal. I decided to try the baked apples. I'm hoping they will turn out great!
All in all, this has just been a great week. I'm thinking the hormones have finally subsided, and that's a fabulous thing. I can feel the baby everyday now, I've even felt her on the outside a couple of times. This week is just so great, and I just wanted to share with all of you how happy we are!

3 comments:

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

Yeah! I really like your stroller!

I wouldn't worry about not showing...I never did show (at all) with either of my girls until close to 7 1/2 months. I didn't pop out until 8 mths or so, even then I wasn't very big. Maybe you'll actually get bigger and be able to enjoy maternity clothes! I always wanted some! Grandma bought me 1 maternity shirt for Christmas the year I was pregnant with Elizabeth, because I didn't have anything else. I wore it every day! It was still a little big at the end (and I was 2 weeks overdue!) It made me SO happy!

How fun that you can now start purchasing baby things! It is exciting!

Did you see Karen's apple recipe? I am going to try it, it may be something you enjoy as well!

I can't wait to see your new preggo picture!

I love you!!!!!

Karen said...

Oh Becky, I am so happy for you (three)! It must be such an exciting time for you! How fun to get such wonderful purchases and gifts!

I talked to Krista last night, and she is pretty excited that you are having a girl...she said it seems like all of the latest births have been boys except for hers!

I have been in a baking mood lately too. It must have something to do with fall!

Have a great week!

Love, Karen

Amy said...

Sooo exciting!!! Your stroller is super cute. I'm so glad that you're not going to have to worry about buying one anymore. I have always wondered about those doppler monitors. That is so cool that you found one. Love you!!!!