Saturday, July 18, 2009

Cara's first Mommy-free outing

My friend was having a bbq tonight. We were going to go, but Alex was running a slight fever and had developed a rash on his tummy. I called and said we, sadly, had to decline. My friend Anna came over before the bbq to just chat and hang out. She totally asked if she could bring Cara and give me a couple hours of quiet! Yay!! She has three children, the youngest is only four months older than Cara, so this worked out fabulously!! I wasn't even nervous. This would be Cara's first time out and about without me or Blake. Anna has babysat the kids before and she has seen how I do things and I have seen how she does things. I wasn't worried at all. Cara seemed to have had a wonderful time :). I got some much needed cleaning done and finally got all of her clothes put away. They stay in my laundry basket a lot of the time because I do the laundry after the kids go to bed, then during the day, I either forget that it needs to be put away, or Cara "helps" me and it ends up all over the floor.
Anna did take some pictures, but I don't have them yet. I will defenitly post them when I get them. It was so nice of her to offer to take Cara. It was a much needed break for me. Being the single parent is difficult sometimes. It's not that the kids are horrible...or even that they are needy or anything. It's just constant. There's nobody to take them for five minutes while you pee..or if you just need five minutes alone. You can never just relax completly becuase you are the parent in charge if they wake up at night and need something. I am totally not complaining, I was just thankful for the few hours of quiet :) Thank you Anna!!

2 comments:

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

Yeah! I am SO glad that you had some time to yourself...or almost to yourself!! I love you!

Vanessa said...

I know how hard it is girly so I am super glad you got a break!