Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Ahhh...Old car smell

I know, I know. People normally love the smell of new cars.

My friend needed a car becuase theirs broke. We have a car that's just sitting there, not being used since Blake is gone. I decided to offer it to her to use until she gets a new car. I decided today to let her borrow my car which is bigger and will fit her family of five a lot better. After having to buy a new battery for Blake's car, we finally got situated. I put the kids in the car, started it up and headed for home.
Oh, I loved the smell of Blake's car. It felt like home. It smelled like him. His stuff was still in it, his cd's in the player, his work stuff on the seat...it was just so great. It was like he was home. I know he's only been gone a couple of months, but today, it seemed like so much longer. It was a nice reminder of him.
I can't wait until November.

4 comments:

DNV said...

ahhh...sniff...sniff...

Amy S. Trosen said...

It makes me feel like crying too.

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

*sniff sniff here too!

Jake and Ashley Hodapp said...

I am so proud of the great attitude you have! It seems like it would be so easy to sit around and mope and cry...but instead, you appreciate the little things...like smells. You are an amazing example of a strong women!!
I hope I will get to see you when you're in the states!