Saturday, July 14, 2007

Rome (it's a little messy, sorry about that)

The Vatican...it was a little dark.

























The Trevi Fountain












A Temple in old Rome





A carving on the street corner.








Old Rome















St. Peter's Basilica






















We had a fabulous time. What an amazing place. All that history...I can't believe how old eveything is and how beautiful it all still is! I will try to describe the pictures, so you kind of know what you are looking at. We walked around soooooo much, but it was worth it. I only had a few blisters on my feet, but htat was my own fault. I didn't wear the correct walking shoes the second day. I got a little sunburnt too, but not really too bad. It was a fabulous anniversary vacation. We stayed at a 5 star hotel which was beautiful, however the food was something to be desired. We ate out onthe town for the most part. How wonderful is the food in Rome? its fabulous!! We had pizza and lasagna, spagetti, gelato....the list goes on. I could die happy with the food there. My favorite was the pizza and the strawberry gelato. We have descovered that Blake takes way better pictures than me, so he had the camera after the first day. It seemed as if I kept taking crooked pictures (stop laughing, Mother). Inside the Vatican was amazing. It was dark, so the pictures didn't really turn out that great, but I posted some of them anyway. We couldn't take pictures in the tombs of the popes, but that was pretty amazing too. We didn't go and see the Sistine Chape, becasue the line for it was, like, three hours long. We figured we could see it on another trip. We found one little resturaunt that we loved and went back to a couple of times. I so remined me of Grandpa Raboin! We got the same waiter (who remembered us) and if we ever go back to Rome, we will be eating there again!

All in all, it was the best anniversary so far. 5 years have past, and we are doing great. Our littlest Henry is doing great still. We are 10 weeks along now. I love the fact that we are in double digits. This means we only have 2 more weeks to go before we are past the first trimester! Blake thinks the littlest Henry is starting to make an appearance, I just think I'm fat...I guess we'll see. It's nice to get home after the trip, though. Gratch missed us and was super happy to see us. So happy, in fact, he woke us up way to early this morning, just to play! We love him anyway. So, I'm going to stop writing now and load some pictures. I hope you enjoy the all!!

5 comments:

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

Wow! This seems like such an awesome trip! I am glad you could go! Your Germany stint is really paying off with all the fun trips you are able to take! I am jealous!

I love your pictures!!!!!!!

Amy said...

I love your pictures! Wow, I really hope that we can see all of those things someday. It looks just incredible! Did a lot of people speak English? I am so excited that Blake thinks you have a little baby tummy. How cute! You're definitely not fat. :)Love you lots!!!

Amy S. Trosen said...

Such wonderful pictures! I feel as if I was there with you. I saved them all on my computer so I can run them as a slide show and feel like I am in Rome. One or two have possibilities for paintings and I am excited to do a couple sketches. I am glad Baby Henry didn't give you too much trouble on your trip. I'll talk to you next week and get the full scoop. I love you both, Mother

Amy said...

11 weeks! Yeah!

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

11 weeks and 3 days! Yeahhh!