Sunday, July 29, 2007

The cat

The cat after the fall
The stairs he fell down
My cat just fell down the stairs. He loves to play with you through the railing as you are soming up the stairs. Well, I was walking past him, and he jumped up the railing, like he was jumping straight up a wall (yes, he does this a lot), and he went right through the railing and fell down the entire flight of stairs. He did not land on his feet. I don't think he's hurt terribly. I keep watching him, making sure he isn't limping or anything. I think he has a growing bruise on his nose, but he seems okay. It scared me. I thought I was going to have to take him into the vet. I'm hoping this will teach him to be a little more careful around the railing too. Probably not, though. He is, after all, only a cat.

3 comments:

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

You have a very beautiful railing & stairway! Poor Gratch! I am glad he's ok! I really enjoy cats, too bad that Craig hates them.

How are you feeling? Had enough deviled eggs yet?? haha!

Amy S. Trosen said...

You predicted that would happen when we brought Gratch to you last fall. I am glad he survived the fall. Scary for you though! Love, Mother

Amy said...

Your cat is definitely crazy. Mine are too. My parents have these beams in the ceiling of their basement. Boris loves to walk along on them and bat your head! I'm so glad that Gratch is okay though! I wonder if it will be a learning experience, or if he'll be doing the same thing in a few days?