Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Hormones, Cravings and Gas

So these are the joys of pregnancy, huh? I cried over a poptart getting lodged in the toaster the other day. How wierd is that? I seem to be okay and normal on most days, but sometimes, just sometimes....oh boy does the inner crybaby/grumpypants come out! I think I've apologized more to Blake this last month than I have in the last 5 years! Onto the cravings...I havn't really had a lot of what you would call "cravings". I more can't stand the sight and smell of foods I used to love. The last week or so, I've been defenitly thinking deviled eggs are the best food on earth. I think I could eat them until they came out my ears! Meat has started to make me a little queasy at the site or smell of it. It's a good thing eggs sound good, I guess :). I keep thinking that the best thing in the world to eat, would be a deviled egg sandwich. Blake thinks that may be a little too much egg yolk. I have to agree, although the thought never really leaves my brain! Now, last, but not least, the gas. I've never really been a gassy person. Being my father's daughter, you would think I was, but I'm not. It's been great. Yup, not so much anymore. There seem to be very few things that don't make me gassy! It's quite a strange thing. Luckily, my hubby loves me even though I smell! All in all, the symptoms of pregnancy, no matter how uncomfortable they be, are really enjoyable (after the fact). I'm so glad I have any signs, just to show that maybe the baby is really growing in there and everything will be okay. I can't wait until our next apointment. It's in a few weeks, and I think we get to hear the heartbeat. That will be amazing. I think the month after that, we get our 2nd ultrasound, and we get to find out what we are having. I'm pretty excited about that. Our names we are thinking about are:
Cara or Evelyn -Sue and Chase Alexander. I'm sure the names will change again, but these are what we like for the moment. I think we will have a boy. I have nothing to base this on, other than the fact I can feel it in my bones. Either way, we will be happy. We are almost at the 12 week point, which is a huge step for us. We've never made it this far yet, and I'm just praying that everything continues to go well!

9 comments:

Amy said...

You are so cute Becky! The pregnancy symptoms really are no fun but they will pass and soon you will just have a new set of symptoms. I can't wait till you get to hold your little baby though. Then it will be worth all of the symptoms! And I LOVE the Caeser bust you sent us in the mail! It's just my taste!

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

I agree on you being SO cute! I didn't think (personally) that pregnancy is fun AT ALL. I do agree that the symptoms you are having now will change as you progress. I really like the name Evelyn Sue....would you call her Evie???
I love you!!!

Amy S. Trosen said...

I also like Evie, but I agree it could be a boy and I love the name Chase. Love, Mother

Shanda said...

I saw your post on your mom's blog about the baby and followed the link here. Congratulations! I am very happy that prayers have been so answered. --Ursala

Rebecca said...

Everyone is so super great! I'm feeling better today, but we got a hugely long nights sleep, which I think always helps.
Ursala-Thanks for the congrats! How have you been? Our prayers defenitly seem to have been answered. I stil pray everything continues to go smoothly.

Rebecca said...

Oh, and we would call her Evie. I don't think we'll have to worry, though. I'm pretty sure we are going to be having a Chase!

Shanda said...

I am doing well. I am keeping quite busy, as usual. If you send out any baby updates, feel free to include my email address (use the umchase one). I don't check blogs very often, but I will continue to pray for your growing family.
--Ursala

Delchi, Krista, Sabria, Ariana and Ivan said...

Becky, Love your post! Boy do I ever know what you are talking about...the hormones etc. I too have had to appologize to my husband for my grumpiness at times. Through my pregnancy so far, I have taken comfort in knowing that the Lord is in control and that I can trust Him in everything. I will be praying for you , Blake and little Jr.
Love, Krista

Melanie said...

I love reading your posts! So funny. I am excited for you Becky and will pray for a healthy baby!

Love ya,
Melanie