Saturday, April 14, 2007

My New Plants :)



Kimberly and I went out and bought plants today. She was mainly looking for plants to go outside her house, but we couldn't find a huge selection, so we bought inside plants. I got a ficus and an african violet. The african violet is pink! I've never seen a pink one, I'm very excited about this. We found really cute pots and replanted them (they did, in fact, need it). I'm super hoping they don't die. I'm not the best with plants. I killed a cactus once....I'm sure this will be different. It was a beautiful 85 degrees today. The sun was shining and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. I guess its unusually warm for this time of year, but I'll take it. Everything is green and blooming and wonderful! It's fabulous. Okay, thats all for now :)

4 comments:

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

You killed a cactus? Isn't that rather hard to do??

I really like how your new plants look. Don't let Gratch eat at them, they could be poisonous for animals. You did a nice job replanting them!

Craig is STILL so very sick! Now he is puking too. I hope that this isn't bad... He was doing so much better, his high fever finally went down last night late after 3 long days. We had a rootbeer float tonight, and that triggered his new sickness. I wonder if ice cream is bad with antibiotic? I thought the ice cream would feel good on his poor throat. He wasn't able to eat anything still because of the pain.
Pray for him!!!!!

I love and miss you!

Amy S. Trosen said...

You probably loved your cactus to death and watered it too often. These new plants will love the attention and are sure to thrive. I heard you aren't going to be able to go to Athens. Are you terribly disasppointed? The one bad thing about military life is that you can't depend on any plans actually coming into reality. I learned early to try to live each day and not look too far forward. Plans rarely pan out. However, I feel your disappointment. that's how I feel about not coming to see you this spring as I had hoped. I love you and Happy Birthday tomorrow. Don't forget to check your mailbox on base during the next few days :) I love you, Mother

Karen said...

I love the pots that you bought! So cute! I'm sure that the plants will thrive! I have a gerbera daisy that has had several near death experiences, and has beaten the odds and survived!

It has been nice here too! I think today is supposed to be in the sixties! Woo Hoo!

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

ok, I STILL haven't watered any of my plants. I told Val today that I needed to depend on her to water the fern thing downstairs. That is "cruelty" to plants! It is actually turning brown...

Happy Almost Birthday!!!!!!