Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Death by pepper steak???

You would think so, wouldn't you, looking at the pictures?? We had pepper steak for dinner tonight. Oh boy, is this child spoiled!!!! Being on vacation in the states for Christmas was so much fun, but it defenitly instilled some baaaaaad habits. We are currently working on getting this little girls back on track. Eating is a big problem. She likes to eat only what she likes...noodles. Well, I compromised and made noodles for lunch. You would have thought I was killing her, making her eat the pepper steak! I didn't really even give her that much, knowing she wasn't going to love it.
After a couple of spankings/timeouts, we FINALLY got dinner eaten. This entire process took about 45 minutes. It was then a chore just to get her to finish her milk!! Parenting is not easy. It must work out, though. I eat things without throwing a complete tantrum....
Blake thinks it's wierd that she dips everything in ranch to eat it, so we've been breaking that habit as well. Again, I think it's a stage that will pass as we all don't dip everything in ranch as adults....and when I say everything, I do mean everything. We had ham at christmas which she dipped in ranch....
I am hoping that dinner's get easier again. It wasn't like she wasn't hungry. She ate lunch, but didn't have an afternoon snack, so she should have been ready. I know if I would have brought out left over noodles, her appetite would have been there. The joys of parenthood...I am having such an interesting time :)

Wishing she was done.



4 comments:

The Ericksons said...

That is funny! Jack likes to dip everything in ketchup, I'm sure he'd love to have just that as a whole meal!

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

TOO TOO CUTE! How can you get after a face like that???!!!!

Vanessa said...

You are so funny. If she is hungry she will eat no matter what it is. She will learn pretty quick that throwing tantrums doesn't get you noodles! Haha Good job mom!

TERI, and THE BOYZ said...

Oh My GOODness...Those expressions!!!
Don't sweat it,
The little stinkers' tastebuds don't develope til much much later in life,
THENthey appreciate "Fine Quisine"
In the meantime, I say, let her dip what she likes.....