Thursday, June 12, 2008

4 Months Old





Well, Cara had her 4 month appointment today. Boy is she a chunk!! She now weighs 16 pounds and is 26.5 inches long. She is over the 95% mark in both catagories. The doc says she is about the size of a normal 5 month old, so she's a little ahead of her game, but since she's proportional, it's totally fine. She is on track developmentally, which is fabulous! Right on track with where she should be. The doc said that since she can still go 3-4 hours between bottles, we don't need to start her on solids quite yet...(we will probably still give her tastes, though). She had her second set of shots today also. Wow, did she scream for those! As you can see from the picture, the effects of the shots havn't kicked in yet. I am assuming we are in for a cranky day tomorrow. She is also suffering from a slight case of cradle cap. It isn't too bad yet, so we don't have to get anything specific, we just have to brush her scalp good while I wash it. We were starting to wonder why she was looking a little lizard-like on the top of her head. This explained it! We now don't have another appointment until the 6 month mark. We will be back from the states just in time for that!!

5 comments:

DNV said...

Ahh she i sso sweet...She sounds like she is doing just fabulous...I hope she doesn't get too cranky over the next couple days....She may not.... She sure looks totally adorable!

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

Happy 4th month! I love her bandaid!

Amy said...

Liana and Cara are together in the 95% club! :) She is such a cute baby! I just can't wait to meet her! Love you!

Anonymous said...

wooo hooo that is wonderful news!!! I wish we were all in Florida at the same time. I took a home test today and it was positive, I will take another in the am to make sure.... ryan left lastnight, he should be in germany in a few hours to bad you all couldn't see him...

Karen said...

So I hear a rumor that you may be at the family reunion! Oh, I hope so! It has been SO long since I've seen you, and I want to hold your beautiful baby!