Sunday, February 4, 2007

Super Bowl XXX...(yah, I have no clue)


So, we are going to our friends house tonight for Super Bowl. Yup, we who watch no sports during the year what-so-ever. It should end up being somewhat okay, though. Although the game will be dull for us, the commercials are fantastic. I decided to make a cake for Kimberly as a surprize. I had to go online to look up who was even playing in the superbowl and what their colors where. the cake didn't turn out like I wanted it to, but it's totally okay for the four of us. Tons of frosting....frosting makes everything look better. the cake broke in half when I took it out of the pan. Then I used mother's chocolate chip frosting recipe, and i think I may have let the frosting cool down too much. It did NOT spread at all. So, there went another layer of white frosting to coat the chocolate. then, of course, all the decorations had to go on. There aren't enough ten yard lines, but mother says simplicity is best. the football is two candy kisses melted together. that was so messy and not worth it. it doesnt really look like a football, but this was my first try at a football cake. and it didnt turn out horrible!

4 comments:

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

Wow! You are SO VERY talented! Decorating cakes is such a fun gift to have!!!

Will you make Elizabeth's cake when you get here???

I love you!

Amy S. Trosen said...

Excellent cake!! I knew you could do it.

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

How did your cake go over??? I bet everyone just LOVED it!

I need to make my black card for Grandpa....however, I cannot remember the GREAT idea you gave me. Do you remember? I need to get it made... hmmm.

Love you!

Unknown said...

I absolutely love this cake! It is so beautiful. I wish that I could make something like this! Love ya!