Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Our life

Cara going "shopping". She even remembered her purse :)
Alex just being his normal smiley self :)
We have had an interesting week. We got home from the states and three days later, I sprained my ankle. Ouch. My mother decided to fly out for the last month of this incredibly looooong deployment to help out. Yay!!! It's been so nice having her here.
So we are finally down to less than a month until Blake gets here. I tell ya, this is always the worst part of the deployment for me. The last month. I just want him to get here....I always have to wait. It's so difficult.
Lets see, updates on the kids...We havn't had Alex's 6 month appointment yet (yes he will be 7 months next week). We were in the States when I should have scheduled it, but it's next week and I will update you all on him.
Cara is doing great. We have had no jealousy about Alex at all until just this past week. The jealousy comes in a wierd form (in my opinion). She want's to eat what we are feeding him. It doesn't matter what it is, she wants it. She also likes to be fed now too, just like a baby. She is finally cutting her 2 year old molars (she's been teething for months), so I know she isn't feeling well, but how far do you let the baby act go?
She and Alex sound the same when they "talk". Granted, she has a lot more that she says now than even a month ago, but where she is slow to talk, I think Alex is going to be early! It's just amazing. Alex might be super verbal early, but he isn't a great mover. He does move, though. It makes me laugh. He is like an inch worm...only opposite. He lays on his back, arches his back and pushes with his feet. It's just wierd!
Other than that, nothing much is going on in our world. I am pretty excited for next month. Blake will be back and life can start going back to normal. I am so thankful that my mom is here to help pass the time. I would have overdone it with my ankle and then wouldn't have been able to enjoy having Blake home. I will have to buy her an awesome gift :)

3 comments:

TERI, and THE BOYZ said...

You and your Mom and your kiddos AND BLAKE for that matter, are so BLESSED to have your Mom there!

Looking forward to hear how the kids appointments go...thanks for keeping us updated.

Hope your ankle is better and you all are in good health as you await Blakes arrival home.

Give him a kiss and hug from all of us!!!

DNV said...

I miss your babies! They are so precious!! Here is a kiss from me to them! MUAH

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

Cute! I thought I commented a few days ago...obviously I didn't.

Love you!