Saturday, March 10, 2007

The Black Forest

The largest kuckoo clock in the world.
Right outside the cafe where we ate our black forest cake.
The gnome...
The clock we traveled all this way to see. Not the largest, but pretty impressive.

The big squirrel.
The river that comes down from the waterfall.

Coming down from the waterfall walkway.


Kimberly and I went to The Black Forest today. It was quite enjoyable. We saw the worlds biggest kuckoo (sp?) clock. We ate black forest cake and saw the tallest waterfall in Germany. We actually didn't climb up to the very top of the waterfall, but we still saw it and it was beautiful! There are tons of clocks everywhere and the scenery is wonderful!!! It took us about two and a half hours to get there, but the drive was definetly worth it. The german's are sooo into the gnome thing. The squirrels are really big in the Black Forest, too. Now, I'm just waiting for Blake to get home from Spain. He's due in tonight and I can't wait to see him!!!!

6 comments:

Amy S. Trosen said...

I think I remember seeing the big kuckoo when I was there in eleventh grade. I don't remember seeing gnomes though. Maybe they are a new phenomenon. Hi Blake! I'm glad you're home. Love, Mother

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

Wow, this trip looks like it was LOTS of fun! How interesting to see the huge clocks!

Hmmm...maybe we'll have to visit them when we come!

Did Blake get home ok? HI!!! Tell him I'm still looking for part of your gift...I haven't been able to get to one yet! haha!

Love you! I've missed a couple of your calls lately. We were at music lessons one day, and at a Science Class the other... (I think) Anyhow, I love you and miss you!

Amy said...

Hey you! I have those pics of yours from Grandpa Raboin. Let me know your address and I will mail them to you. The "new" me is a little better at mailing things. Haha! Hope Blake got home safely. Love you!!!

Karen said...

Hey Becky,

Looks like you had a lot of fun! It makes me want to hop a plane to come see you! Was the black forest torte as good as Cindy's are?

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

The "new me is a little better at mailing things". Hmmmmm ... this will be interesting to see from the 2 of you sisters! hahaha

just kidding. :)

is kuckoo spelled cuckoo?? I always thought so, but Mother even spelled it kuckoo. "phenomenon" is a big word to spell too. How about conscience?

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

The "new me is a little better at mailing things". Hmmmmm ... this will be interesting to see from the 2 of you sisters! hahaha

just kidding. :)

is kuckoo spelled cuckoo?? I always thought so, but Mother even spelled it kuckoo. "phenomenon" is a big word to spell too. How about conscience?