Monday, April 25, 2011

An afternoon of Art :)

Alex's lovely painting. I think he enjoyed the fact that he was using his hands more than actually painting!

Let me guide you through this painting of Cara's. Mickey Mouse is in the upper left. He has green arms coming out of his head. Rapunzel is right next to him. She has a yellow head, red hair and a blue body with some very long blue legs...and blue shoes. I asked her to write her name and she drew circles in the bottom left. I asked "Is this your name?" She replies "No Mom, those are circles". As in "duh!!".
This painting will need a little more of your imagination. Cara painted snakes across the top, the blue blob in the left center is a lion. He is mostly head and mane with a skinny body going out to the right and a red tail. Right next to him is an elephant. For some reason, the head is at the bottom of the blob and the body goes up. Who knows!! Then the mauve colored blob in the bottom left is a dog. Oh yes, the blue squiggles next to the elefant (this is on the right center of the page) is a giraffe. She lastly had to draw a circle around the entire picture.


I just thought I would share a bit of our day with you :)





2 comments:

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

I lovvvvvee it! I just love painting! My kids also really love it! Alex's pictures really look like Matthew's!

Amy S. Trosen said...

Do NOT throw these out!!!