Saturday, April 3, 2010

England

We had a very impropmtu trip to England this past weekend. It was awesome!!!!!
We didn't have a straight through flight as British Airways is on strike, but that was okay. We had two one-hour flights with a layover in Amsterdam. The kids were pretty tired by the time we got to Matt and Ruth's house.
Alex and Matt were cuddle buddies :)
Ruth and I had plans to go to Windsor Castle as my first outing. Matt graciously offered to take my two kids for the day, so it was awesome! Windsor was so incredible. We were not allowed to take pictures inside, but it was amazing. King Henry VIII and Jane Seymore are buried there. It was just amazing....
I think Matt had a VERY long day with my two kids and his two kids (they are 8 and 11).
Cara and I blowing bubbles in their back yard. I wish I would have gotten a picture of their whole back yard. It's just amazing and so very....England-ish!!
Matt tried so desperatly hard to get pictures of Cara....Yeah, she doesn't look at the camera and smile and she moves way to fast...He did manage to get a few cute ones, though.
We went to see Abbey Gardens and Cambridge also. Mary Tudar was buried at Abbey gardens until King Henry VIII had her moved down the street to a protestant church.
These are some of the Abbey ruins.

The abbey was so pretty.

Matt got some GREAT pictures of Alex. I just love this kid!!

I took a ton of pictures, but I just wanted to highlight here, since it takes awhile with my internet to upload anything at all!! I have the rest of the pictures on my facebook. It was such an amazing trip. I hope we get to go back again :)

1 comment:

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

Very nice pictures! You look GREAT in your dress for Blake's graduation! Tell him congratulations from us!!!!